Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last Lesson of 2008

Today I had my last lesson for 2008 with my Mom. Satchmo was muddy but in a good mood :) We worked on the flat for a while and did some walk - trot and walk - canter transitions. It was good :D I'm pretty sure Venice's legs grew, though, because the stirrups seem a little longer than usual. Then we worked over fences and it seems to be working well to just canter right into jumping and sitting back helps, too. I don't think I was sitting back enough so at least that was good.

Last but not least, we jumped 2'6"! That's right, 2'6"! Heck yea! :D Go Satchmo!! I can seriously vision him doing well even higher later in his career! I was so happy! :)

We didn't get any pictures of it, but I have a few witnesses ;) Happy New Year! 2009 is Satchmo's year!

No comments: