Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrr it's Cold!

Saturday morning I went to the barn to ride Mr. Satchmo. It was pretty cold and windy but I managed to ride for 20 minutes. The ground was frozen, too, and Satchmo being the dainty flower he is did not like that. It took some coaxing from me to let him know that the more we moved the softer the ground would become but he didn't believe me until 2 min until we finished when the ground was actually starting to melt on its own. I worked on some transition stuff and did 1 jump and called it a day. I want to work on flying lead changes but I suck at them so for now I just worked on simple changes across the diagonal and trying to decrease the number of trot strides he takes before picking up the new lead. I figured that should be doing some sort of good. I found it amuzing that every time I asked him to pick up a new lead he swished his tail once. Some how his tail helps lol! Sally was there, too, just finishing up with Moonie who flirted mercelessly over the fence with Smash and Rizzo. Little floozies ;P I put Satch back and went home after that. :)

No comments: