Friday, July 20, 2012

Practice Practice Practice

Yesterday I had my last lesson before the Full Moon show. We went XC and was kind of limited. A lot of the fences were put away because there aren't any shows at Waredaca until August but we still had enough to work on. I focused more on my canter and rhythm since sometimes Smash is a little too fast in the field and really doesn't need to be. Once I got the rhythm worked out our approaches and fences were much nicer. I'm excited and nervous for the upcoming event :) And ready to do the practice show next Wednesday - which works perfectly since my instructor, Steph, will be out of town.

So what I want to focus on for FMF Aloha Event is my rhythm, still keeping my body/eyes up, and keeping my leg on. I can do this! :)

Next update will cover the practice show. My game plan is to do a 2'3" course and then when I do the course for my second trip I will do the 2'9" division. I decided to do a higher height to
1. Keep Smash on her toes and interested
2. Get my eye used to a higher fence height so Sunday's jumps will look small.
3. To start getting ready for the Novice division.
4. After doing the course at 2'3" I'll know what to expect and can navigate the course with confidence at 2'9"

:) I can't wait!!!

No comments: