Thursday, August 30, 2012

Products I Love Pt. 2

In case you missed Part 1 this post is going to cover all of the gear I use on Smash that I love. Tell me all about your favorite gear in the comments section!

Let's start with tack!
My biggest piece of tack is my saddle. I use the All Purpose Wintec saddle with Smash. I love it because of the changeable gullet system and because it can be used for everything. Granted I'd love a real dressage saddle but I don't have the funds to have a million saddles for everything I do.
With the saddle comes the girth! I use the Professional's Choice girth because it doesn't rub and has plenty of elastic! Plus they are easy to clean and synthetic!
This is my girth extender. I need it when tacking up just to get the girth on. Then Smash sucks it in and I can swap the extender off and have only girth to saddle. She is such a bloater! I totally recommend you get one of these vs a larger girth to save you some money!!
Even though these Eskadron open front boots were fairly pricey, they were worth the money! Smash over reaches all the time and these boots have a nice hard shell so she doesn't hurt herself. And I love the open front so when she is jumping she remembers to pick her feet up and not be so lazy because if she doesn't she will feel it.

I stick with simple WOOF boots for the hind legs because she does rub her back legs a little and I am always a bit nervous those ankle boots don't cover enough of her leg. Plus WOOF boots come in many colors and are much cheaper!
Smash's bridle is no-name generic brown leather but her brow band is not! This pink brow band from Clever with Leather is actually my Mom's. I also own this purple one below. Smash's halter is also from Clever with Leather. They make amazing products! I saw them when I went to ROLEX 3 day Event in KY but they will make custom tack from their website, too!

Her name plate has seen better days...

you can't see the purple very well but it's a nice color!
Part of my tack up routine also involves using some hoof oil to make sure the pounding while jumping on the dry and hard ground doesn't completely ruin Smash's hooves. I love this Farrier's Fix stuff. It smells like bengay a little bit but I have noticed her hooves have stayed in good shape because of it.
Last but not least is my trailer. It's a Featherlite with a roomy tack room. The saddles fit neatly in a nook under the bridles and there is ample space for all of my junk.
Side view

Front of trailer

Entrance to dressing room

Bridle hooks and saddle racks

all my junk piled inside



1 comment:

Liz said...

A bit of polish will brighten up Smash's halter or you can use "The Diva's" halter instead.