Monday, November 17, 2008

Semi-Private Lesson

This Sunday I shared a lesson slot with my Mom since the show is next Sunday. It worked out rather well actually because we both got to ride and we typically have the same lesson anyway - maybe a little more dressage for my Mom and more jumping for me. We ran through the tests and did a little jumping. Cathy and I decided my goal for Sunday is to canter all of the jumps at Talbot Run so that the 18" division is easy for Satchmo and will be ready for the 2" division next season. Satchmo was really quite grumpy in the beginning - I guess he hates the winter weather, too. I don't blame him, it was really windy and kind of brutal. Unfortunately this won't be the worst of it :(

All in all, a good lesson :) Now I can coordinate Saturday's grooming if necessary and Sunday's show day :D YAY! Should be exciting!

MENTAL NOTE: 18" is the 2nd hole on Cathy's jump standards and 2'-ish is the 4th hole. (it's a little more than 2')

No comments: