Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mockumentary

Since Smash is still recovering (her abscess is finally all drained, I think! Farrier comes Thursday to double check!) and I have not been able to do any fun shows or riding I thought I'd share a horse related video I made my senior year of college about the Equestrian Team.

A little history: I attended St. Mary's College of Maryland in Southern, MD - not The Mount. It's a small public co-ed liberal arts college that was my home for 4 years. While attending I made sure to join the Equestrian Team. We competed in the IHSA (Intercollegiate Horse Show Association) in all different levels of Hunt Seat Equitation, some dressage, and even some Western equitation! I primarily stuck to the Hunt Seat showing since that's what I had grown up doing. It was challenging because each school would host a horse show and you would pull a horse's name out of a hat that day to ride in the flat and over fences. You didn't get a warm up, either. Just a small note on suggestions and temperament of the horse. Example: Mr. Poe can be strong over fences but carry a crop U/S. It was a true test of your abilities to adapt to new horses and never got boring!

So my senior year I decided to do an independent study for comedic writing and came up with the idea for a Mockumentary not only to satisfy my independent study but also as a goodbye present to all of the graduating seniors that year. I made this video before YouTube (gasp!) and before there were affordable HD camcorders that used internal memory or SD cards (double gasp!) so keep that in mind since it's not super high quality. There are a lot of inside jokes, too, so you might not think it's all that funny but there are some moments anyone would at least chuckle at :) ENJOY!

P.S. no one told me my hair was sticking out like that when it was my turn. don't judge me. It was 7 years ago. (omg i'm old)

SMCM Equestrian Team Mockumentary 2004/2005 Part 1


SMCM Equestrian Team Mockumentary 2004/2005 Part 2



I don't know how to fix the audio to sync with the video... :( Sorry that Part 2 kind of sucks.

No comments: