Monday, May 4, 2009

2 Shows 1 Post

So I have been a bad blogger. I should've posted all about the Hunter Jumper show we did last month but never got around to it. And now I've also done an Event at Equilibrium. SOOO first paragraph or so will be dedicated to the H/J show and the rest will be about yesterday.

I decided to take Satchmo to CHC for a H/J show for some more practice over fences at a new place. And I wanted him to get experience over the 2'3" fences since we had entered in that division at the Events this year. Well it was probably one of the hottest days in April and one of the slowest shows! Ugh! Poor Satchmo and I had to stand around for hours waiting for our time to ride! We did the 2' division first and placed 5th and 6th O/F. We had no chance at placing in the hack class and I was preparred for that. Then the 2'3" division started and those courses weren't nearly as pretty. But I was looking at the CHC website and it says I placed (4pts) so I'm trying to figure out what my place was to get the ribbon *lol* (we didn't stay long enough to hear the pinnings). So all in all, a very good day for Satchmo! He was actinglike a pro! Not getting too nervous and listening pretty well :)

Yesterday, however, was a whole new ball game. It was raining ALL day long. Miserable. We went into dressage and it was horrendous! He kept slipping on the 20 meter circle and it was SO ugly!! But we got a fairly decent score and the judge LOVED Satchmo :) Then we headed off to try our hand at cross country and that was just disgusting. He was refusing everything because of the footing and at times would jump but mainly not. Finally I pulled out when he down right refused to go over the ditch. I just couldn't take the rearing and backing up and stuff any longer...especially in the rain. Thankfully they allowed us to still do a stadium course and then we called it a day. My mom, however, had an AWESOME day and got 4th place!! :) Very cool!! I'm nervous about Full Moon Farm's upcoming event...but we're going to give it a shot.

No comments: